You might have noticed that we're reaching a real milestone this week: it's our 200th challenge! By my calculation, this year so far, we've averaged 6.8 drabbles per challenge. For this challenge, we want to try to hit 20 — at least! To make it special though, as a one-time-only twist for our 200th challenge, you will be writing... DOUBLE drabbles! That's right, each submission should be exactly 200 words instead of the standard 100.
If we reach 20 double drabbles, everyone who helped is a winner and will receive a fabulous prize. (Well... a graphic. To display with pride!) I know we can do it. Recruit your friends, and feel free to write as many as you like! We'll run this challenge for TWO weeks.
I'd just ask that you post each double in a separate post, so that it's easy to keep a count.
To give you plenty of material to work with, we'll do a title challenge, and for that I've chosen a sci-fi show that has an episode titled "200": Stargate SG-1. For this challenge, you may choose any episode title from SG-1 and use it as the prompt for a Torchwood (double!) drabble. That's over 200 possible prompts! You can find an episode list here.
To review, here's the challenge in bullets and exclamation points:
* 200th challenge!
* 200 words per (double) drabble!
* 20 (or more) drabbles!
* 2 weeks!
* SG-1 titles!
And here's the rules reminder:
- All stories must be 200 words long.
- Please place your story behind a cut; the comm's flist will love you!
- If requested, you must use the challenge word or phrase in your story; feel free to interpret that creatively.
- Please use the challenge tag “challenge: reverse fandom: stargate sg1” plus any characters. The best way to tag is to put up your post and then click on the little tag icon at the top. This way you can pick from the mod approved tag list and keep things grouped better. Thanks for your help in this!
Good luck and have fun!